Are you taking proper care of yourself?
- Exercising 3-4 times per week, 30 or more minutes per day
- Sleeping 7-8 hours per night (more for children), uninterrupted, feel rested on waking
- Managing stresses: see your Naturopathic Doctor about testing your stress level
- Complete a detoxification and cleanse program (approximately 2 weeks) if you haven't done so already.
- Know your (or your child's) temperature â€“ fever reflects dehydration. Please remember that not all fevers are bad (hold the Tylenol!)
Diet & Nutrition
- Don't skip meal
- Begin your day with a protein (e.g. protein-smoothie), and eat nuts & seeds as snacks
- Lots of water: 64 ounces (8 glasses) per day for adults
- REDUCE coffee and sugar â€“ both have a negative effect on the immune system.
- Reduce your consumption of foods that you are sensitive to. This is a good time to review your diet and look for areas of improvement (eating more vegetables, reducing carbohydrates). If you have been desensitized to your food sensitivities, it is a good idea to continue rotating with substitutes and expanding your dietary repetoire.
- Dilute juices at least 1:1 with water. Choose low glycemic index fruits (apples, pears and berries) to reduce natural sugar intake.
- Do a cooling rinse for 30-60 seconds at the end of your shower each day
- Have cotton and wool socks available for doing Warming Socks treatments
- Have a series of 3 Constitutional Hydrotherapy treatments to boost your immune system